Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 44)

I don't quite understand the anger. sm - GT

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2015 - 9:23 am In Reply to: Anger Issues - Is it just me? - Eve

I am in the same boat, but my reaction is different. I have seen the changes in the MT field for years but was still hanging in there with good work until about a year and a half ago. The hospital I was working for remotely outsourced to a service. They offered to keep us all at an abysmal line rate. I said no thank you and moved on and have been unable to find other MT work. I realize it is not easy to get out of one's comfort zone and work outside of the home after decades of working remotely, with a resume that has nothing but MT on it for the past 30 years, but nobody is forcing anyone to accept these rotten offers.

It is not that I am too good to work for so little money. I did it for years before becoming an MT. In fact, I had a job sorting mail at a bank, which I liked very much (no stress, could listen to headphones) except that I was short on cash all the time. So, I changed and became an MT. My philosophy about my current situation is that, if I am going to earn minimum wage, then I will get myself a job that requires minimum wage skills and causes me minimum wage stress.

I have heard at least one of the GOP candidates talking about wanting to do a flat income tax. If that happens, I suspect the demand for CPAs will decrease and many of them will need to come up with another plan. It's life. Best wishes to all. I know it can be intimidating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)