Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 56)

The platform is not that bad--sm - anon

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2015 - 12:36 pm In Reply to: Input on escription platform, please. - another change

The speech wreck on escription is better than others I have used. It is not perfect, of course, but is definitely better.

The platform is not that difficult. Like all platforms, there are some things I would improve on it but the list is not that long.

As far as a pay cut, yes it will likely result in a pay cut for you. Editing is a different skill set than transcribing, some thrive on it, some do not. Learning to use the keyboard short cut keys is a personal preference. A good rule of thumb is to make a point of mastering 1 or 2 commands a week. I use the mouse for some things and the keyboard, for others it works for me. My personal opinion is that most anybody who does straight typing should prepare for the eventuality of doing speech wreck. Enjoy the straight typing but while it lasts but editing is the way most transcription work will be accomplished (or at least for now).

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)