Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Aquity.. (Views: 38)

Yes, if you are doing straight typing your pay will be cut, mostly. - Tired

Posted: Jul 1st, 2015 - 3:30 pm In Reply to: Input on escription platform, please. - another change

You will still get 7, 8 or 9 cents, or whatever per the grid, if you straight type using escription. However, if a job is presented to you for editing (how do you tell? If a whole document appears on the screen instead of a blank screen), then you will be paid half of whatever the straight typing rate is. The only way you can get what you are presently earning is to double your production. If you are fast and presently do, say, 200-250 lines per hour, then you will have to do 400-500 lines per hour, which will be next to impossible. Most people do anywhere between a 25% and 50% increase. High producers are penalized with massive pay cuts. I was making $60,000 ten years ago; now maybe $22,000, less than I was making 25 years ago. I don't like it and you won't either. I am close to retirement, however, which is the only reason I stay. I will make more on SS. Anyway, back to the subject at hand: You most likely WILL receive a massive pay cut, to the point where you will lose your car, lose your house, and of course, not be able to pay bills. You will be lucky if you can provide for basics. I'd start documenting everything now because in my state, for example, if your pay is cut by more than 25% (it used to be 10% until the financial crisis), you can QUIT and still get unemployment. That way you will also probably have more money than editing, or at least the same, and will be able to focus on finding something else. But you will have to document and prove the over 25% pay cut.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)