Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 41)

I worked for both and at the same time - MT

Posted: Jun 30th, 2015 - 9:13 pm In Reply to: Those of you who have worked for both MM and Nuance - Tired MT

They both were bad experiences on their own right for me. MM: Micromanaging by getting computer generated reports (percentage of hand on keyboard). Extremely low pay, bad sound (the bad sound drove me wild). I liked my supervisor and quality person, they were very nice. But the metrics were so ridiculous it was impossible to be perfect and I was never good enough. Also it was obvious the higher ups made so much more money and we the underlings were just that, peons. A big thing too was there were too many accounts, too many account specifics, could never master it all.
Nuance: Once upon a time, paid a fraction better than MM, but just because I was on Dictaphone and the platform seemed better (sound was better). This was before the new pay grid. When the new pay grid came it was just as horrible pay as MM. Both about minimum wage. Horrible micromanaging by my manager. Treated poorly like a number by management and HR.
After all is said and done, I had less stress at MM because working for Nuance left me with some sort of PTSD.

Oh, speaking of PTSD, the nitpicking at Nuance was just the worst experience I ever had in my 29 years of transcribing. So many system generated emails sending me critical error alerts, just about every time I breathed. (The were misplaced commas.) I hated opening my e mail, I hated FEISA.
Benefits for me were better at MM.
The insurance at Nuance a joke.
Both paid on time. That's the only good thing I can say. Sorry this is so rambling but I tried to give you best I could. My advice is to caution you to look elsewhere and avoid these two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)