Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Sigh! Too keyed up to sleep..... - Frustrated! .......

Posted: Jun 30th, 2015 - 5:47 am

I worked for our local hospital for 20 years as a medical transcriptionist - paid by the hour (ending my employment there was my idea, not theirs) and have always figured it was part of my job to go the extra mile to ensure an accurate report.  But it seems like that is not valued anymore by the companies that hire transcriptionists.  Working for the current company I work for I was doing just fine with my accuracy.  Then they told me I have to increase my productivity, as I was not meeting their minimum requirements Soooo, I did like they said and increased my productivity.  Sure enough, I am now not meeting their accuracy standards....SIGH.  Since I left the hospital I have been let go by 2 different companies for not producing enough, and now I feel like with this job again one foot is in the grave and the other just stepped on the banana peel!  I find it hard to believe that after being a successful transcriptionist at the hospital for 20 years I am all of a sudden not good enough! 

Ok, rant over for now.  It's almost 6 a.m. and I have not slept a wink.  Gonna go try to get some now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)