Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Kiss $19.35 goodbye. - Tired

Posted: Jun 29th, 2015 - 3:10 pm In Reply to: Hospital position being outsourced to Nuance - tlz

Your pay will be cut to probably minimum wage at first as you learn a new account. You will have to go a lot slower than you're used to (and therefore produce less lines, which means even less money) because for this low-wage job, you are held to perfection. You have to keep your quality above 99% and that's a big difference from 98% even though it doesn't seem like much. You will be dinged to the tune of one full point off for spelling a doctor's name incorrectly. You will be dinged 0.25 point off for typing postoperatively if the doctor said postop. And it appears that anything numeric that is wrong even by one digit (for example, creatinine 1.53 as opposed to creatinine 1.52) is dinged 3 points off, or just about an automatic fail. The only exception to this I know of is the age, which if it is one year off it is 1 point off, otherwise 3 points off. Once your percent goes below 99, then you might be threatened with being fired. Conceivably, we are such a dime a dozen that we can be immediately fired for making one error. And the pay once you are experienced a little on your account, say after six months? Maybe about $11-$12 an hour, if you don't run out of work. They deliberately overstaff to keep their turn-around time looking great (I suppose to impress the client) while keeping us out of work and therefore, out of money. It's all for them, and absolutely none for you. You are the dirt of the earth, as far as they are concerned, easily replaceable, and worth next to nothing. The CEO is paid 37 million, while we are paid peanuts.

The PTO sucks. You will get just 5 days off the first year. Five days for everything -- being sick, holidays or vacation. So that means essentially no vacation the first year, at least. If you have no PTO they won't let you have any time off. The benefits stink. You are earning poor wages to the tune of $11 or $12 an hour if you are lucky and from what I understand, the medical insurance has a $2500 deductible! How is one supposed to afford that on such low wages?

The fact is, you can get more flipping burgers or working at Wal-Mart, and you don't have to have the extensive knowledge we have, for which we are not acknowledged or compensated for.

And watch out for their latest tactic. I think they see the handwriting on the wall as far as getting people to work for them, at least in the US. They have just announced they are going to be hiring (or trying to hire -- the Indians are unhappy with their pay as well) 3000-4000 Indians to work in their country for even cheaper. This is in line with what appears to be their plan to move everything as much as possible to India and pocket the money themselves, without giving us or the Indians a raise.

Oh yes -- and did I mention this? You will receive no pay raises ever. If you stay for 5 years you will have gotten not one raise. No raise for having 20 years experience either. Whether it's one year or 20 years, it's all the same low pay.

Stay away. Go anywhere else. Just saying this is what you face. Not to mention possible bankruptcy and foreclosure due to the low-wage nature of working for Nuuance. Which, of course, is why the hospitals are all flocking there -- a chance to save boatloads of money on good-paying jobs, all the while feeling good that they didn't have to lay anyone off, because their well-paid workers can go to work for Nuance, even though these same hospitals know these workers will now be relegated to bottom wages and a sham for benefits unless (and I wouldn't be surprised) Nuance lies to them about this as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)