Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 33)

MT looking to break into coding - Heather

Posted: Jun 29th, 2015 - 7:31 am

I've been an at-home MT for nearly 20 years and just found out that my job is being outsourced to Nuance.  Of course they say they will hire me, but from everything I'm reading about them I want to run in the other direction.  I'm looking into a jump to coding as it seems like a viable alternative given my experience.  I'm looking at the Andrews program and that seems good on paper.  I've talked to a girl who hires for a coding company and she says only go through AHIMA, but then I see not so great reviews about their courses.  Plus, I'm not exactly a spring chicken, have a family and a mortgage, and would like to be able to actually get a job when I'm done rather then clawing my way up from some type of related entry level position.  Anyone have any experience with either that could help point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)