Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

wage cut for sure - sm

Posted: Jun 28th, 2015 - 11:35 pm In Reply to: Hospital position being outsourced to Nuance - tlz

If you have no other financial support and you come to work here, you'll need to pick up a second job. I used to make a little more than you, when I was employed at a hospital, but now I'm lucky if I average 10.00 or 11.00/hr. There are so many variables, it is hard to say what you will make on any given paycheck. Some people run out of work consistently, some don't. There is a complicated pay scale for each pay period, based on how much work you've sent with blanks to QC for review, your quality (accuracy) score, your average lines per hour, how many lines you've typed of course, and how many edited lines versus straight-typed lines (editing lines are paid at half the cpl of typed lines). It also depends on how many accounts you are given and how tough your dictators are. Some people make more than me, some make minimum wage. Also, kiss your benefits goodbye. No annual reviews, no raises, you have to beg off for a holiday (for which you have to use your PTO), healthcare insurance is expensive, hardly any PTO provided if you work less than 40 hr/week. Your supervisor may be responsive, but maybe not. They provided me a foot pedal, but I pay for all the rest - my computer equipment and internet service. I'm on the lookout for other work, as you might guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)