ONe more company to stay away from - Pam Posted: Sep 9th, 2013 - 1:41 pm In Reply to: Welp...I have worked at all 3 and am currently - at Precyse
I had worked for this paticular company in Florida, Medi-Tran America (Port St. Lucie, Florida), 3 separate times with varying experiences.
In 1996 I was briefly back in Florida before my mom passed away. They were good to work for, and they paid decently and on time.
In the 1990s I was back in California, tried again. The phone bills in order to re-record dictation were humongous, and I went back to work for a small California company (still with them).
In 2012, I contacted them again. They were allegedly "under new management." The owner praised his new manager.
This new manager, Denise, insisted that I buy a version of Word (ended up with 2010), an abbreviation expander, and a medical dictionary software.
She gave me next to no training. Their new software was clunky and hard to understand.
After nearly a week of attempting to work, I got locked out of their computer system (this was remotely).
They have never bothered to pay me for the work I did. I have just composed a letter asking for my wages.
Makes me wonder if this "manager's" modus operandi to boost the bottom line is to withhold MTs' pay. This is not worthy of them. I will never try to go back with them again. Sticking with my California company (I am now living in another state).
Other MTs might want to beware of this company. Don't know about you, but I hate working for free!
Post A Reply Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Worst Companies to Work - For (Views: 1766, 2013-09-07, 1:43 am)
- What about - Soft Script and (Views: 799, 2013-09-07, 9:26 am)
- Worst Companies - egs (Views: 960, 2013-09-07, 2:49 pm)
- Worst - cvr (Views: 799, 2013-09-07, 5:00 pm)
- worst - anon (Views: 543, 2013-09-11, 10:29 am)
- Billing -- a softer, gentler approach ... sm
- ventral hernia repair with mesh
- Voter Fraud?
- I used to care
- Doctor in NY tests positive for Ebola
- Need to start a union
- I don't remember how to log into enrich
- Cat coming to my house, kind of skittish but
- Mandatory Schedule Changes?
- Note to moderator
- How popular do you think Pay Pal is?
- retraining programs to those of us displaced by work going off shore
- Do you ever have to work while a repair person....
- Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors needed!
- Psych Medical Transcriptionists (ICs Only)
- Obama Asserts Fast and Furious Executive Privilege Claim for Holder’s Wife
- Are there still any companies that do VA transcriptions?
- Ever hear of VMTS in Springfield, Missouri?
- Anyone here at Nuance use a laptop for work?
- Honey Boo-Boo
- Marriage opinions please
- So the TSMs fired/let go
- Any EditScript 10 Users
- ISO MT experienced in nephrology
- BISS or RISS
- Finally hit send!
- SAN DIEGO AREA, PART-TIME, IN-HOUSE TRANSCRIPTIONIST
- Canadian Parliment
- Top meteorologist now admits: "Climate Change" is bogus.
- new CEO
- Unable to Reach Server
- StenTel needs MTs!
- MModal Perks program. I just bought a
- Doby's (?) solution in ophthalmic surgery
- Quarterly Bonus
- Anyone can help with information about a keyboard. I am looking
- Minimum wage
- TSM blood bath...wish they would have fired me
- Doc spelling patient's name, says S as in Satan, then laughs...
- Loud Cars/Inconsiderate Neighbor
- writing out numbers
- Desperate Dems use lynching imagery to bring out black vote
- What is purpose of putting in a password for new posts
- Anybody with Fluency audio fail?
- He's like poison. No, no, don't help me, Barry. (sm)
- Evidence supports officer's account of shooting in Ferguson.
- And it has begun
- Stedmans Medical Terminology Flash Cards
- Help Please!
- POLL: Dem advantage with women collapses