ONe more company to stay away from - Pam Posted: Sep 9th, 2013 - 1:41 pm In Reply to: Welp...I have worked at all 3 and am currently - at Precyse
I had worked for this paticular company in Florida, Medi-Tran America (Port St. Lucie, Florida), 3 separate times with varying experiences.
In 1996 I was briefly back in Florida before my mom passed away. They were good to work for, and they paid decently and on time.
In the 1990s I was back in California, tried again. The phone bills in order to re-record dictation were humongous, and I went back to work for a small California company (still with them).
In 2012, I contacted them again. They were allegedly "under new management." The owner praised his new manager.
This new manager, Denise, insisted that I buy a version of Word (ended up with 2010), an abbreviation expander, and a medical dictionary software.
She gave me next to no training. Their new software was clunky and hard to understand.
After nearly a week of attempting to work, I got locked out of their computer system (this was remotely).
They have never bothered to pay me for the work I did. I have just composed a letter asking for my wages.
Makes me wonder if this "manager's" modus operandi to boost the bottom line is to withhold MTs' pay. This is not worthy of them. I will never try to go back with them again. Sticking with my California company (I am now living in another state).
Other MTs might want to beware of this company. Don't know about you, but I hate working for free!
Post A Reply Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Worst Companies to Work - For (Views: 1809, 2013-09-07, 1:43 am)
- What about - Soft Script and (Views: 850, 2013-09-07, 9:26 am)
- Worst Companies - egs (Views: 997, 2013-09-07, 2:49 pm)
- Worst - cvr (Views: 843, 2013-09-07, 5:00 pm)
- worst - anon (Views: 575, 2013-09-11, 10:29 am)
- Looks like Al Sharpton has a new buddy
- Relatively new to MM. What really is a POD, anyway? nm
- Can anyone share how much Breitner pays per line?
- "State Certified" Birth Certificate
- "Religious beliefs must change" for the sake of abortion, (sm)
- Such grace and poise...
- Fluency down
- Anyone get their CCS and start working out of
- Anyone Hired?
- IMedX is sucking the life out of me
- I am sending out hugs ((((((POD PEOPLE)))))) so sorry you are being so tortured. sm
- Let go from IMedX
- I see that more than 150 people have looked at my post, but no recommendations
- OOW AGAIN
- s/l protazapine
- My experience with Synernet
- Just when you thought it could not get any worse
- Be Sure To Watch "The Clintons: Two Corrupt Slimeballs" Tonite
- Have you noticed that Nuance is a lot like
- Anyone who has taken FMLA please respond
- Amphion...what are the min. hours for part-time? Any PT benefits?
- Fired or quitting?
- We're on mandatory OT for, what, going on 6 weeks,
- Re: Primary caregiver/mom with dementia
- Recommendations for transcriptionists who are getting hearing aids
- Estate tax repealed
- Any Amphion Weekend Warriors out there?
- Eyeballs, Acuity
- what kind of questions are these
- Any CA Keystrokes MTs out there?
- Foot pedal, C-phone
- Missing paystub
- I cannot believe how bad the output is today!
- Seeking FT evening MTs – some weekend availability and IME experience a plus
- Gee, Pay for Play scandal brewing for the Clinton's
- Does Breitner Pay for Spaces?
- Please. Why are they even bothering
- COMCAST DROPPED THEIR BID for Time Warner
- Oh look. The corrupt old bag only has a 2-point lead
- Boostaroo advice
- 6 and 4? What happened to 9 and 6? line rates go down daily! sm
- How can I increase productivity?
- I won't be penalized for doing the right thing
- Andrews Question
- Express Scribe
- 25 accounts, 73 jobs