ONe more company to stay away from - Pam Posted: Sep 9th, 2013 - 1:41 pm In Reply to: Welp...I have worked at all 3 and am currently - at Precyse
I had worked for this paticular company in Florida, Medi-Tran America (Port St. Lucie, Florida), 3 separate times with varying experiences.
In 1996 I was briefly back in Florida before my mom passed away. They were good to work for, and they paid decently and on time.
In the 1990s I was back in California, tried again. The phone bills in order to re-record dictation were humongous, and I went back to work for a small California company (still with them).
In 2012, I contacted them again. They were allegedly "under new management." The owner praised his new manager.
This new manager, Denise, insisted that I buy a version of Word (ended up with 2010), an abbreviation expander, and a medical dictionary software.
She gave me next to no training. Their new software was clunky and hard to understand.
After nearly a week of attempting to work, I got locked out of their computer system (this was remotely).
They have never bothered to pay me for the work I did. I have just composed a letter asking for my wages.
Makes me wonder if this "manager's" modus operandi to boost the bottom line is to withhold MTs' pay. This is not worthy of them. I will never try to go back with them again. Sticking with my California company (I am now living in another state).
Other MTs might want to beware of this company. Don't know about you, but I hate working for free!
Post A Reply Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Worst Companies to Work - For (Views: 1744, 2013-09-07, 1:43 am)
- What about - Soft Script and (Views: 785, 2013-09-07, 9:26 am)
- Worst Companies - egs (Views: 941, 2013-09-07, 2:49 pm)
- Worst - cvr (Views: 787, 2013-09-07, 5:00 pm)
- worst - anon (Views: 533, 2013-09-11, 10:29 am)
- Lee Perfect Transcription...really?
- Newbies, know it alls, and constant complainers
- Resigned Thursday Night....
- Recommendations for new sewing machine - sm
- Patient First health insurance
- You don't have a right to know everything
- Best school and computer?
- Obamacare Architect Gruber Ties Subsidies to State-Based Exchanges
- been gone from MM for 3 months
- Paul Ryan wants everyone to think that he's
- Is Landmark still hiring??
- GI Endocrinology..please see message
- Rheum/Osteoporosis Transcriber Wanted
- Obamacare: Well now, isn't this an interesting bit of phrasing from the Supreme Court.
- dictated, "heart rate to blood pressure product is 29, 920." I'm not sure
- has anyone made the transition or considered
- C-PHONE WITH FOOT PEDAL AND HEADSET FOR SALE
- IC Medical Transcriptionist
- In the market for a new computer
- Medical Transcriptionist's Superpackage for Voice Recognition
- In-House PT Medical Transcriptionist Position
- East MT - what's been going on with the coder program lately?
- No worries about speech recognition taking our jobs
- Set up. Set up.
- South African Doctor
- Average LPH for TTS accounts?? Trying to decide
- Is anyone making a living anymore?
- TTS Bereavement Policy?
- FIASCO is at it again
- Nice doctor
- Well, I have had the usual late night line count crushing jobs.
- Don't get too proficient!
- Dang, the doctors are spelling a lot of words tonight!
- OOW question
- Review of Systems
- Do you work at SoftScript?
- Sitting here crying, can hardly see thru tears.
- Alternative for doctors to dictate...
- is it GCFC 1 with regard to mobility level in disability?
- book of style 3rd edition
- Am I young enough to start a new career? (37)
- Dementia due to _____ myopathy
- "Garden" test
- question for those who use a laptop...
- So, take a guess. What is the community organizer going to do (sm)
- Interesting thought re audits, PM, firings, and quitting
- MTs...there is light in another home position
- Five months in & I got my first 'corrective action' today