Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: This is a first. Work all night... (Views: 46)

ONe more company to stay away from - Pam

Posted: Sep 9th, 2013 - 1:41 pm In Reply to: Welp...I have worked at all 3 and am currently - at Precyse

I had worked for this paticular company in Florida, Medi-Tran America (Port St. Lucie, Florida), 3 separate times with varying experiences.

In 1996 I was briefly back in Florida before my mom passed away. They were good to work for, and they paid decently and on time.

In the 1990s I was back in California, tried again. The phone bills in order to re-record dictation were humongous, and I went back to work for a small California company (still with them).

In 2012, I contacted them again. They were allegedly "under new management." The owner praised his new manager.

This new manager, Denise, insisted that I buy a version of Word (ended up with 2010), an abbreviation expander, and a medical dictionary software.

She gave me next to no training. Their new software was clunky and hard to understand.

After nearly a week of attempting to work, I got locked out of their computer system (this was remotely).

They have never bothered to pay me for the work I did. I have just composed a letter asking for my wages.

Makes me wonder if this "manager's" modus operandi to boost the bottom line is to withhold MTs' pay. This is not worthy of them. I will never try to go back with them again. Sticking with my California company (I am now living in another state).

Other MTs might want to beware of this company. Don't know about you, but I hate working for free!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)