So go back to them and explain the situation - chances are good they will work with you Posted: Jun 2nd, 2013 - 1:29 pm In Reply to: Unemployment - me
Comcast has a unit, whose name escapes me right now (and I'm assuming you have Comcast, but probably TimeWarner has the same thing) which basically has the ability to keep customers no matter what they have to do. If you go to them, explain that you were laid off and need to keep the internet and cancel everything else, they will work with you, I'd be willing to bet.
Get rid of the TV, get rid of the phone. Get a Tracfone. They have phones you can buy for $10 and then get double minutes so every time you buy 30 minutes you get 60. I don't talk on the phone much so this was a godsend for me rather than a monthly payment. It wasn't the greatest phone on the planet, but it worked and it was CHEAP. You can live without pay TV for a long time - again, I did the same thing when I was laid off a couple of years ago. If you have internet, you can watch your shows on the network website or on Youtube or Hulu. There are lots and lots of options.
Good luck to you. I've been where you are and it's scary. Sending you best wishes for a job very quickly.
Post A Reply Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Partial unemployment - Me (Views: 444, 2013-06-01, 12:11 pm)
- Must be employee status - work less than 40 hours (Views: 221, 2013-06-01, 7:58 pm)
- Unemployment - me (Views: 210, 2013-06-02, 8:08 am)
- ??? - what??? (Views: 171, 2013-06-02, 10:08 am)
- So go back to them and explain the situation - chances are good they will work with you
- Thank you - me (Views: 153, 2013-06-02, 3:17 pm)
- Is the system slow for anyone else
- Medical spellchecker and expander
- QA or QC or whatever filled in the following
- Full-Time MTs needed
- Word help
- SOFTSCRIPT MONITORS THESE POSTS!!!
- Contact information for Superior Global, Plano, TX
- FOOT PEDAL
- Fluency questions
- 7c per line with assistmed
- Question to AP employees with the health plan
- Anyone else get their hours changed recently
- Looking for a Microcassette Transcriber
- Winsock errors on ChartNet
- Is nobody working?
- Opt Out Of Daily Inspirations
- System down?
- Thinking of applying with Nuance
- I just made 4.67 an hour after taxes because
- East MT and other MM HDS2Coders, how is the
- Fierce backlash against the liberal who trashed the PC police
- my funny
- Romney says No to 2016
- To Obama: Take off the sissy pants, put on the big boy pants, and (sm)
- The patient has a negative "speciley" test of the knee?? anyone know? nm
no pay for 6 weeks from hire date
- Is Precyse a good company to work for?
- Any good MT jobs out there?
- Fixing clock out
- My vent for the week and, of course, it's about FIESA.
- Spent more time manually entering CCs
- Is there any way to pull in a doctor's name
- Fluency questions
- Taliban Are Not Terrorists, or So Says the White House
- So, where's all the proud TTS cheerleaders, no
Is it worth it to read MT textbooks for fun?
- I feel like I am QA'ing ILPs, but I am not QA'ing.
- QA score deducting points if they are able to resolve the blank...
- Billing program through Andrews
- DaTscan showed asymmetric s/l radiotration noted in the basal ganglia - sm
- Text Expander with existing MT basics dictionary for download?
- How to Quit
- Question about baby shower etiquette.
- TTIMedx W2's - Just got my second one from (sm)
- Help! In PE, doc says s/l spine occult scoliosis?