So go back to them and explain the situation - chances are good they will work with you Posted: Jun 2nd, 2013 - 1:29 pm In Reply to: Unemployment - me
Comcast has a unit, whose name escapes me right now (and I'm assuming you have Comcast, but probably TimeWarner has the same thing) which basically has the ability to keep customers no matter what they have to do. If you go to them, explain that you were laid off and need to keep the internet and cancel everything else, they will work with you, I'd be willing to bet.
Get rid of the TV, get rid of the phone. Get a Tracfone. They have phones you can buy for $10 and then get double minutes so every time you buy 30 minutes you get 60. I don't talk on the phone much so this was a godsend for me rather than a monthly payment. It wasn't the greatest phone on the planet, but it worked and it was CHEAP. You can live without pay TV for a long time - again, I did the same thing when I was laid off a couple of years ago. If you have internet, you can watch your shows on the network website or on Youtube or Hulu. There are lots and lots of options.
Good luck to you. I've been where you are and it's scary. Sending you best wishes for a job very quickly.
Post A Reply Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Partial unemployment - Me (Views: 433, 2013-06-01, 12:11 pm)
- Must be employee status - work less than 40 hours (Views: 215, 2013-06-01, 7:58 pm)
- Unemployment - me (Views: 203, 2013-06-02, 8:08 am)
- ??? - what??? (Views: 161, 2013-06-02, 10:08 am)
- So go back to them and explain the situation - chances are good they will work with you
- Thank you - me (Views: 131, 2013-06-02, 3:17 pm)
- I guess Keystrokes didn't waste enough people's time
- entitled an injection
- Odd question maybe, but does Synernet send you an Infinity 1 or 2 pedal? sm
- Inscribe Jobs
- Question re: DTS Oklahoma workload
- Pathology, Acute Care, and Rad Openings
- entry level jobs
- Anyone attempting to download new virus program for TT?
- This is a poll of sorts. No company names needed.
- Nuance in the News today
- During Obama’s Speech at Democratic Campaign Rally, Crowd Does Something ‘Weird&acir
- Orthopedic Transcriptionist needed!
- Fluency 7.5
- Precyse Solutions
- This takes the cake SM
- Obama administration quietly prepares surge of millions of new immigrant IDs
- Saince feedback please
- Is Anyone Happy At Nuance?
- New MT
- Does Nuance pay a portion of a weight loss program?
- Anybody here on Medicaid? Do you know if
- Remedy is not working, so cannot file a ticket.
- Acute Care Transcription
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s niece: 'Moral bankruptcy' ruling Washington, D
- A toxic president
- Asked to work extra so people in India who take our jobs
- is it stat or STAT ?
- On iPad making Facetime calls, other person can
- DON'T GIVE UP
- Critics: Ebola appointment latest in missteps by officials
- OBAMA GOLFS FOR 4 HOURS, 40 MINUTES ON SATURDAY, THEN HOLDS NIGHTTIME EBOLA MEETING--WHICH NEW EBOLA
- going from BeyondTXT to Emdat?
- TEddie Munster Cruz - Doctor of Green Eggs
- The left gets it....compromise to get rid of the
- Silly Sarah - fleecing her own---will they
- Sticking around until Dec 25.
- Of course
- Question about diabetes
- Nothing but mush-mouthed.....
- New specs posted on Fiesa with NO notification. Previous
- I just do not get it.
- Message to all posters
- Wendy Davis (mud spewer Dem from Tx) (sm)
- How do we request time off without pay?
- Dr. Manny: An open letter to the Ebola czar, Ron Klain
- A type of catheter