Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: "MELVIN'S" POST IS AN AD FOR POT ^.. (Views: 71)

So go back to them and explain the situation - chances are good they will work with you

Posted: Jun 2nd, 2013 - 1:29 pm In Reply to: Unemployment - me

Comcast has a unit, whose name escapes me right now (and I'm assuming you have Comcast, but probably TimeWarner has the same thing) which basically has the ability to keep customers no matter what they have to do. If you go to them, explain that you were laid off and need to keep the internet and cancel everything else, they will work with you, I'd be willing to bet.

Get rid of the TV, get rid of the phone. Get a Tracfone. They have phones you can buy for $10 and then get double minutes so every time you buy 30 minutes you get 60. I don't talk on the phone much so this was a godsend for me rather than a monthly payment. It wasn't the greatest phone on the planet, but it worked and it was CHEAP. You can live without pay TV for a long time - again, I did the same thing when I was laid off a couple of years ago. If you have internet, you can watch your shows on the network website or on Youtube or Hulu. There are lots and lots of options.

Good luck to you. I've been where you are and it's scary. Sending you best wishes for a job very quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)