Comments on dictator input/swiss cheese reports - SeaMT Posted: May 9th, 2012 - 10:05 am
Does anyone from *Quality* ever question the dictator input? Have any of you higher-ups ever actually listened to what is being put into your high-tech systems you pay so much for?
Is it any wonder that *Experienced* MTs leave blanks in reports? I've been in this field for a loooong time and some days I am appalled by what comes through my headphones. I don't believe some dictators even know the English alphabet (evidenced by attempts at spelling, even when reading from a report). I won't go into foul pronunciation, either by American or ESL docs.
Just a few examples: Dictator says *Coumadin 200 mg daily*, or *fentanyl 250 mg*, or *(drug name spelled) Trincyxohen*, or *patient has Troponin pallidum*.
Yes, QA/QC, we do catch these *errors*. Sometimes that is why you have reports that look like swiss cheese. Some dictators will continue to be downright sloppy, and race through the dictation without inhaling even once. So we piece paragraphs and try to make some sense of that.
I'm not commenting on New People, Inexperienced People, or People Fresh Out of School.
I'm saying that if Quality rode the input side of their business and made sure the dictators could understand the concept of Clear, Intelligible Input of patient name, acct # (again, some appear unable to read/interpret English alphabet/numerals), service date.... that in itself would lessen QA burden. If dictators who continually cannot/will not conform to *Quality Practices* during dictation would be barred from dictating (offenders would have to provide their own scribes), that would lessen QA burden.
It's not always the MTs fault that reports don't go through 100% clean. So please take that into consideration when looking at your financial bottom line.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. You want 3-cents per line workers, you'll get 3-cents per line quality. With what is coming through as dictation these days, no wonder your newly-hired MTs are fainting by the wayside. Us *experienced* MTs get slammed repeatedly with pay cuts, damn ridiculous QA incentives (either give the bonus or don't). I myself do not appreciate ANYONE tinkering with my pay over whether I left out *the, and, or but* in a sentence that DOES NOT alter the sentence meaning.
Whew, I'm feeling much better now.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Escription companies
- when and if would the word "sclerosus" be used?
- "Conversate." As in conVERSE, as in talk.
- Is there any way out of this?
- Coupon KickStart
- Number of jobs
- where can I find the out of work policy? I have looked
- almost 6 am here NJA
- I can't WAIT until I'm gone!! About 6 mos.
- Anybody else getting NJA?
- Just what we need. Jihadis driving our school buses. (sm)
- Synernet people, anybody understand
- USA Type, LLC in Minn
- Curious as to what medical coding is
- When are they going to quit using that horrible swap board?
- How many LPH for PT required? Thanks. nm
- Shorthand help -- bksp key throws into spasms
- Can anyone recommend a good shoe?
- Mmodal for coding - sm
- What conceivable explanations exist for NOT being told who your POC team is?
- Looking for CCS Exam Prep book...anyone?nm
- With the horrid MM ASR output, bad dictation and cesspool, enough to make you go postal!
- Planned Parenthood videos AGAIN debunked
- I don't get the benefit of such a huge incentive ...
- ESL Doctors
- Okay, well DON'T take a breath...
- AHIMA-how long does it take to get your ATT letter once applying for a paying to take the CCS exam?
- Love RobtReich for this pretty accurate article, IMO
- Jumping ALL OVER today
- Getting the worst dictators today.
- Obviously, the ability to get through medical
- Drug help
- MEDICAL CODING/ANDREWS VERSUS ALLIED
- medication help
- To those being harassed, it is almost September
- Keyboard shortcut in Inscribe
- WARNING!! DTS OK DOES NOT PAY
- This is a BIG SCAM Mommy Jobs Online (MJOL)
- We must be minions since we are all working for
- Coding embolizations
- If MTSOs are going to take money from us for mistakes that we make...
- Confused by TTS standards
- Patient First, on-site or at-home transcription.
- Please...never invision Heaven in the same sentence. Heaven would mean no suffering.
- Dear MTSO regarding out of work....