Comments on dictator input/swiss cheese reports - SeaMT Posted: May 9th, 2012 - 10:05 am
Does anyone from *Quality* ever question the dictator input? Have any of you higher-ups ever actually listened to what is being put into your high-tech systems you pay so much for?
Is it any wonder that *Experienced* MTs leave blanks in reports? I've been in this field for a loooong time and some days I am appalled by what comes through my headphones. I don't believe some dictators even know the English alphabet (evidenced by attempts at spelling, even when reading from a report). I won't go into foul pronunciation, either by American or ESL docs.
Just a few examples: Dictator says *Coumadin 200 mg daily*, or *fentanyl 250 mg*, or *(drug name spelled) Trincyxohen*, or *patient has Troponin pallidum*.
Yes, QA/QC, we do catch these *errors*. Sometimes that is why you have reports that look like swiss cheese. Some dictators will continue to be downright sloppy, and race through the dictation without inhaling even once. So we piece paragraphs and try to make some sense of that.
I'm not commenting on New People, Inexperienced People, or People Fresh Out of School.
I'm saying that if Quality rode the input side of their business and made sure the dictators could understand the concept of Clear, Intelligible Input of patient name, acct # (again, some appear unable to read/interpret English alphabet/numerals), service date.... that in itself would lessen QA burden. If dictators who continually cannot/will not conform to *Quality Practices* during dictation would be barred from dictating (offenders would have to provide their own scribes), that would lessen QA burden.
It's not always the MTs fault that reports don't go through 100% clean. So please take that into consideration when looking at your financial bottom line.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. You want 3-cents per line workers, you'll get 3-cents per line quality. With what is coming through as dictation these days, no wonder your newly-hired MTs are fainting by the wayside. Us *experienced* MTs get slammed repeatedly with pay cuts, damn ridiculous QA incentives (either give the bonus or don't). I myself do not appreciate ANYONE tinkering with my pay over whether I left out *the, and, or but* in a sentence that DOES NOT alter the sentence meaning.
Whew, I'm feeling much better now.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Obama Asserts Fast and Furious Executive Privilege Claim for Holder’s Wife
- Are there still any companies that do VA transcriptions?
- Ever hear of VMTS in Springfield, Missouri?
- Anyone here at Nuance use a laptop for work?
- Honey Boo-Boo
- Marriage opinions please
- So the TSMs fired/let go
- Any EditScript 10 Users
- ISO MT experienced in nephrology
- BISS or RISS
- Finally hit send!
- SAN DIEGO AREA, PART-TIME, IN-HOUSE TRANSCRIPTIONIST
- Canadian Parliment
- Top meteorologist now admits: "Climate Change" is bogus.
- Transcriptionist - Part Time In House San Diego Area
- new CEO
- Unable to Reach Server
- StenTel needs MTs!
- MModal Perks program. I just bought a
- Doby's (?) solution in ophthalmic surgery
- Quarterly Bonus
- Anyone can help with information about a keyboard. I am looking
- Minimum wage
- TSM blood bath...wish they would have fired me
- Doc spelling patient's name, says S as in Satan, then laughs...
- Loud Cars/Inconsiderate Neighbor
- writing out numbers
- Desperate Dems use lynching imagery to bring out black vote
- What is purpose of putting in a password for new posts
- Anybody with Fluency audio fail?
- He's like poison. No, no, don't help me, Barry. (sm)
- Evidence supports officer's account of shooting in Ferguson.
- And it has begun
- Stedmans Medical Terminology Flash Cards
- Help Please!
- POLL: Dem advantage with women collapses
- Just a note, just because an old report has information
- Prayers needed
- "Calibration error" causing voting machines in Chicago
- Why is it that every MTSO I work for it never fails?
- Where can I find the policy about Holiday time off?
- At least getting a small raise, might not be at
- We had a conference call with our HDSM today...
- One ski short of a snowmobile--the WI 47%?
- I came from aquistions with my team to Fluency. I was let go
- Since the window to request Thanksgiving has closed
- Independent contractor means "independent" contractor - sm
- Medscribe florida - any new information
- Transcript Divas