Just another vent - About to throw in the towel Posted: May 9th, 2012 - 8:11 am
I have a full-time position which I honestly can say I love. However, all things being what they are in this field, I always try to keep my eggs in least 2 baskets "just in case."
I accepted an IC position for a little "mad money" a couple of weeks ago from a company with a pretty decent reputation, "IC" being the operative phrase here.
The TL to whom I have been assigned is driving me batty. She is constantly wanting to call me with things that could very well be addressed via other means (email or IM), as soon as I sign on to start my shift she PMs me, she calls me at various hours throughout the day and evening (even though she knows I have another full-time position and this is a "part-time" position for me, not to mention the fact I need to sleep at some point). At this point, I dread even signing on because it seems she is always on and waiting.
To frost that bitter cake, the pay (they have an odd pay scale with 2 different types of lines) is evolving into not anything NEAR what I had anticipated (if I've calculated right for all the hours I have put in, I'm going to have a paycheck that averages out to about $6.89 an hour) and, due to the intricacies of the account I'm on, I'm finding I'm spending more hours per day on this "little IC job" than I spend on my full-time job...for literally HALF the money.
I turned down 2 other positions with other companies to go with this one and now I'm kind of starting to kick myself.
I'm so mentally exhausted from this "part-time" position that my production is suffering on my full-time job.
I'm debating whether to just cut the strings and walk away since I'm only a few weeks into the job and throw caution to the wind and keep all my eggs in just 1 basket (we can put in all the time we want wish to at my full-time position, so conceivably I could do 2-3 more hours at that job and net a lot more than I can putting in these grueling 8 hour plus per day shifts at the part-time job), or whether to stick this one out and hope it turns around.
Being honest with myself, I can't see this other one turning around or getting any better. I'm fully trained, there are no other short-cuts or other tools I can use to pick up the productoin base just because of the way the reports are set up, and I was so incredibly exhausted last night that I was sitting here trying to do my full-time job with chills, blurry vision and an impenetrable brain fog.
Ideas, suggestions, advice?
I strongly suspect just typing that I've answered my own question. But, here's a question for the more experienced MTs here...As I am on IC status (and I don't see anything in the contract about notice), and since I've been here such a short period of time, would I even have to list this position on my resume or would my just immediately stepping away from the position leave a huge black spot on my record? I've been here so briefly that, except for the platform experience, I can't imagine wanting to list it on a resume. I've had excellent QA scores, etc. I just think not only is this not a good fit, it's like trying to squeeze one's foot into a shoe 4 sizes too small - No matter what you try to do, it just doesn't work, lol!
TIA and thanks for letting me vent...Sometimes writing things down really does clarify them in one's mind.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Oh my--now that's an image
- A Pilot Program At Our Local Shelter
- OOW main acct
- So tired of getting dinged for item that was pended
- Happy News
- Why is erroneous information filled in by QC?
- Major Putin critic shot and killed in Moscow.
- MM accuracy
- Kaspersky update-does anyone's work?
- Clinical data analyst -- advice needed?
- Oh where oh where
- Hal Lindsey Report, February 27, 2015
- Got through my procedure okay
- Chihuahua post from below
- My account
- Pay Period
- Leonard Nimoy has died
- got the boot by TT-Imedx
- spaces after a period and pay
- Not a fun subject but I have toenail fungus
- Patient First
- 32,000 IRS emails uncovered
- Walkers war on 100,000 public union terrorists
- Stop yawning
- Text printing out so small on HP Deskjet
Questions for those fired by imedx?
- Day 3 OOW on primary
- Some food for thought (while we are in the bread lines)
- Whoops! The Department of Justice Admits That It Misunderstood U.S. Citizenship Law
- Eight Crossings, Inc., Sacremento, CA
- Just curious about our nit-picky
- words having to be corrected over and over
- Hematology/Oncology Transcriptionist
- If it were not so laughable I might be upset. Their fake QC percentages
- Scott Walker: I can defeat ISIS because I defeated 100,000 union protesters
- Header ads. Has anyone noticed? sm
- i'm going to do a test....
- CMT Exam Secrets Study Guide by Mometrix
- Looking for info on Amphion mainly, other VR companies.
- Schedule adherence
- Are we all OOW because the QCs are transcribing now?
- It's a real shame that these big, bad monster MTSOs-
- neurology term
- Did I just get fired
- Sign on bonus
- $2000 Sign-On Bonus NUANCE