My low back pain was far worse from standing - Bun Posted: May 4th, 2012 - 4:01 pm In Reply to: standing is way better than sitting - wheres_my_job
than sitting. Knees starte hurting, too. The marble floors of dept stores have no give. If you really want to lose weight, work in the shoe department. You can also sit in the stock room while pretending to look for shoes.
Cosmetics generally pays several dollars more per hr than other departments. Shoes, cosmetics, high-end cookware, mens' suits and designer lines often have a commission on top of per hour. Some of the very high-end stores pay only commission, but you can do very well. You need the gift of gab. If you're good at remembering client names, you'll do very well. They train on product.
You get lots of freebies and discounts, too. My store had periodic 20/20 employee events - our regular 20% plus another 20% off the balance, including sale items. I was getting designer goods for a few dollars.
Be aware that the stores require that you open a charge card and that you can only get your discount by charging the items.
Cosmetic lines also hire freelancers - yes - those fragrance samplers, make-up artists, skin care specialists. They are ICs but make usually a minimum of $20/hr. You don't need to have a license but you should be adept and willing to apply makeup/skin care on customers. You will have hourly sales goals to reach too.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Burnout!!! - Sue (Views: 575, 2012-05-03, 8:07 pm)
- BIL suffering pain, numbness, tingling in hands
- Now it's gone into
- "Returning to office job after 30 years"
- Hmmmmm....THAT paycheck won't pay the bills.
- Have any of you ever sent in resumes/applications *while* you're working your shift?
- "what a long, strange trip it's been" (Grateful Dead)
- If someone were to start school for coding would they
- DTS in OK
- Performance management ... who's on it?
- Newborn "Fentruder & garth" restriction?
- Andrews too good to be true?
- Any current information on Opti-Scripts
- Question ... something different today. Please humor me ...
- Where does this come from
- Job dilemma
- Outta Here
- Study:Chicago criminals avoid gun stores, shows,
- Thoughts on Inner Circle
- 3 Full Time 2nd Shift Acute Care Speech Editors Needed Immediately
- Monday mashup
- So sad to watch
- Why o why o why is ASR now using
- OMG, from what I hear in the background, this doc
- Is there a problem with the board programming?
- Anybody NOT running out of work
- Your Evening Chuckle
- Impending NJA. Present job only dictated 5 minutes ago.
- Escription companies
- when and if would the word "sclerosus" be used?
- "Conversate." As in conVERSE, as in talk.
- Is there any way out of this?
- Coupon KickStart
- Number of jobs
- where can I find the out of work policy? I have looked
- almost 6 am here NJA
- I can't WAIT until I'm gone!! About 6 mos.
- Anybody else getting NJA?
- Just what we need. Jihadis driving our school buses. (sm)
- Synernet people, anybody understand
- USA Type, LLC in Minn
- Curious as to what medical coding is
- When are they going to quit using that horrible swap board?
- How many LPH for PT required? Thanks. nm
- Shorthand help -- bksp key throws into spasms
- Can anyone recommend a good shoe?
- Mmodal for coding - sm
- What conceivable explanations exist for NOT being told who your POC team is?