Main Board Today's Top Viewed: oncologic.. (Views: 42)
My low back pain was far worse from standing - Bun Posted: May 4th, 2012 - 4:01 pm In Reply to: standing is way better than sitting - wheres_my_job
than sitting. Knees starte hurting, too. The marble floors of dept stores have no give. If you really want to lose weight, work in the shoe department. You can also sit in the stock room while pretending to look for shoes.
Cosmetics generally pays several dollars more per hr than other departments. Shoes, cosmetics, high-end cookware, mens' suits and designer lines often have a commission on top of per hour. Some of the very high-end stores pay only commission, but you can do very well. You need the gift of gab. If you're good at remembering client names, you'll do very well. They train on product.
You get lots of freebies and discounts, too. My store had periodic 20/20 employee events - our regular 20% plus another 20% off the balance, including sale items. I was getting designer goods for a few dollars.
Be aware that the stores require that you open a charge card and that you can only get your discount by charging the items.
Cosmetic lines also hire freelancers - yes - those fragrance samplers, make-up artists, skin care specialists. They are ICs but make usually a minimum of $20/hr. You don't need to have a license but you should be adept and willing to apply makeup/skin care on customers. You will have hourly sales goals to reach too.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Burnout!!! - Sue (Views: 522, 2012-05-03, 8:07 pm)
- Obamacare: Well now, isn't this an interesting bit of phrasing from the Supreme Court.
- dictated, "heart rate to blood pressure product is 29, 920." I'm not sure
- has anyone made the transition or considered
- C-PHONE WITH FOOT PEDAL AND HEADSET FOR SALE
- IC Medical Transcriptionist
- In the market for a new computer
- Medical Transcriptionist's Superpackage for Voice Recognition
- In-House PT Medical Transcriptionist Position
- East MT - what's been going on with the coder program lately?
- No worries about speech recognition taking our jobs
- Set up. Set up.
- South African Doctor
- Average LPH for TTS accounts?? Trying to decide
- Is anyone making a living anymore?
- TTS Bereavement Policy?
- FIASCO is at it again
- Nice doctor
- Well, I have had the usual late night line count crushing jobs.
- Don't get too proficient!
- Dang, the doctors are spelling a lot of words tonight!
- OOW question
- Review of Systems
- Do you work at SoftScript?
- Sitting here crying, can hardly see thru tears.
- Alternative for doctors to dictate...
- is it GCFC 1 with regard to mobility level in disability?
- book of style 3rd edition
- Am I young enough to start a new career? (37)
- Dementia due to _____ myopathy
- "Garden" test
- question for those who use a laptop...
- So, take a guess. What is the community organizer going to do (sm)
- Interesting thought re audits, PM, firings, and quitting
- MTs...there is light in another home position
- Five months in & I got my first 'corrective action' today
- Company merger with imedx
- Anyone else experiencing "radio silence" from...s/m
- Where can I download a copy of TSG?
- Obamacare Getaway
- ....and so it begins. Obamacare in every aspect of your life.
- what kind of electronic drug book are you using?
- MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Scolds Obama
- Obama's Motorcade
- QUESTION FOR PT IC FOR TTS
- Iraqi Christians
- Missing Air Algerie jet