Why do you think there was not a lot of participation? - In MT only, maybe. But nationwide, -sm Posted: May 2nd, 2012 - 2:44 pm In Reply to: Which is... - Seriously
there was plenty. I live in San Fran. Market st. was shut down during the morning, until the march moved on to the civic center. The ferry boats were shut down all day, as the pilots were all on strike. Some (not all) bridge tolltakers were on strike. The port of Oakland was once again shut down. Los Angeles had a huge turnout. Sacramento was smaller, but got more press in my area, for some reason. The unions were out in force, definitely a good sign, and their numbers grew the movement considerably. So, no - I think all in all, it was a good "yawn and stretch" for the movement coming back up to full steam for the summer!
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Billing -- a softer, gentler approach ... sm
- ventral hernia repair with mesh
- Voter Fraud?
- I used to care
- Doctor in NY tests positive for Ebola
- Need to start a union
- I don't remember how to log into enrich
- Cat coming to my house, kind of skittish but
- Mandatory Schedule Changes?
- Note to moderator
- How popular do you think Pay Pal is?
- retraining programs to those of us displaced by work going off shore
- Do you ever have to work while a repair person....
- Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors needed!
- Psych Medical Transcriptionists (ICs Only)
- Obama Asserts Fast and Furious Executive Privilege Claim for Holder’s Wife
- Are there still any companies that do VA transcriptions?
- Ever hear of VMTS in Springfield, Missouri?
- Anyone here at Nuance use a laptop for work?
- Honey Boo-Boo
- Marriage opinions please
- So the TSMs fired/let go
- Any EditScript 10 Users
- ISO MT experienced in nephrology
- BISS or RISS
- Finally hit send!
- SAN DIEGO AREA, PART-TIME, IN-HOUSE TRANSCRIPTIONIST
- Canadian Parliment
- Top meteorologist now admits: "Climate Change" is bogus.
- new CEO
- Unable to Reach Server
- StenTel needs MTs!
- MModal Perks program. I just bought a
- Doby's (?) solution in ophthalmic surgery
- Quarterly Bonus
- Anyone can help with information about a keyboard. I am looking
- Minimum wage
- TSM blood bath...wish they would have fired me
- Doc spelling patient's name, says S as in Satan, then laughs...
- Loud Cars/Inconsiderate Neighbor
- writing out numbers
- Desperate Dems use lynching imagery to bring out black vote
- What is purpose of putting in a password for new posts
- Anybody with Fluency audio fail?
- He's like poison. No, no, don't help me, Barry. (sm)
- Evidence supports officer's account of shooting in Ferguson.
- And it has begun
- Stedmans Medical Terminology Flash Cards
- Help Please!
- POLL: Dem advantage with women collapses