building a resume - cjjmt Posted: Apr 27th, 2012 - 12:51 pm
I recently applied for a coding position at a hospital. The last line of the job listing said, "Motivated students with strong interest in coding may be considered."
In my resume, I explained what I was currently doing; taking the AAPC coding course, and in using directly quoted info from the AAPC website (below where it starts...."This course teaches"... and ends with ......"volume 3 procedure coding".
I am currently a student in the CPC-H® coding course administered by AAPC, and upon completion will be taking the certification exam. This course teaches fundamental coding skills for an outpatient hospital/facility and ASC setting and prepares the student to take AAPC's CPC-H® exam for a career in medical coding. It is aimed at teaching the correct application of CPT®, HCPCS Level II procedure and supply codes and ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes used for coding and billing outpatient facility and ASC services to insurance companies. This course also covers the basic concepts of MS-DRGs and ICD-9-CM Volume 3 procedure coding.
My question to coders out there is, will this hinder or benefit my application for this employer?
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- building a resume - cjjmt (Views: 393, 2012-04-27, 12:51 pm)
- Resume - MT (Views: 338, 2012-04-27, 1:54 pm)
- why would - it hinder? (Views: 285, 2012-04-27, 6:06 pm)
- For the real circle of police and offenders
- Clinical Coding Workout 2012 .... help please?
Clinical Coding Workout 2012 .... help please?
- Stuck in a major rut!!!!
- Seems a good time to post this information again, for any new folks.
- Is there any words to describe how low she will go
- To Performance Coach
- Forewarned and Forearmed with a comany
- Conference call for my scolding coming up...
- Counting Pended Lines
- My, my. Seems the Clinton's have something else to worry about
- Amid Clinton controversies, Democrats yearn for an alternative
- I have decided to name Nuance in my will. That way my tombstone can read
- Too Many Interruptions
- Wellness payroll premium reduction
- Walking Dead fans: (sm)
- Clean closet, foot pedals
- Anyone here who has lost weight or maintaining
- To Clarify
- Anyone on Covered California (Obamacare)?
- Quds leader, commanding Iraqi forces against ISIS, alarms Washington
- Whoopi on "The View" apparently loves her some
- Famous Presidential Lies
- NBC: Immigration Law Abuse EXPOSED by Judge Hunt
- Hillary has asked State Dept to make her emails public (sm)
- "Friday is a great day to make up time missed."
- Well, well, well. Holder says "hands up, don't shoot" never happened.
- Prayers for my friend D
- prayers for my daughter
- Democrats Go Berserk Over Netanyahu's Effectiveness
- escription V11 help
- Why so many job as and so much OOW
- Fiesa Offshore only
- Would someone with writing skills please create a -sm
- Please be nice . . .
- Jill Duggar s husband tries to hit cat
- I can make more scooping
- So I wonder if I will be fired or WHAT....just do it already then
- Anyone else get a call from the DOL regarding Landmark?
- UGH - 160 line report to QC
- Nope not for me
- Message for all posters
- TT/IMEDX Office365 clarification
- *ATTENTION NIGHT OWLS & NEW GRADUATES* - MT Positions Available!
- Mark Levin: Netanyahu Is ‘A Warrior,’ Obama Is ‘An Ideologue And Appeaser&ac
- DOJ will NOT charge Officer Wilson!
- surgery question