RHIT or Registered Nurse - Anne Posted: Apr 15th, 2012 - 4:08 pm
Just wondering what the majority thinks about these career paths. It seems as though a lot of MTs are moving or considering a move to the RHIT/RHIA world of especially medical coding. I am assuming that the lure of 'work at home' is pulling many in this direction, and I have actually seen where many are questioning whether medical coders are 'paid per code' or 'paid per case' or what? I asked myself what are these people thinking? Has anyone experienced this, and what is the opinion of the RHIT/RHIA career path and medical coding heading near limited jobs or to the same path as MT is now? Thinking back to years ago, it seems as though the RHIT and medical coding world is heading in the same direction as MT with the very same path. What is the opinion on this, and what is the opinion of spending money on the RHIT/RHIA path and medical coding versus a direct-entry master's program in nursing as a registered nurse? All opinions pro and con appreciated.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- What's happening with Imedx
- You employees of the month, would you please
- The scores on QC reports do not mean a thing. You can ignore the score,
- working for this company is demoralizing
- Judge Jeanine, 02/28/2015
- QA inbox after midnight/spellcheck not saving
- Netanyahu this week
- I am so sick of having to "reverse" all these QC/QA
- These nationals
- Any time a supervisor controls your paycheck with the flip of a
- Fluency running slow or just me? NM
- CPAC straw poll chooses Rand Paul
- Different accounts
- Simple question regarding "exciting" changes to wage theft/pay plan.
- Nuance surely pays attorneys. I wonder if they know about
- Bilingual Transcriptionists Needed Both New and Experienced - San Francisco Transcription
- word expander program
- If it looks like IMEDX, talks like IMEDX, it is IMEDX
- Any word on the coding program?
- Help! This is a diagnostic report and does not include past medical sm
- CPAP problem
- Wow, Imedx
- mmodal perks
- Oh my--now that's an image
- A Pilot Program At Our Local Shelter
- OOW main acct
- So tired of getting dinged for item that was pended
- Happy News
- Why is erroneous information filled in by QC?
- Major Putin critic shot and killed in Moscow.
- MM accuracy
- Kaspersky update-does anyone's work?
- Clinical data analyst -- advice needed?
- Oh where oh where
- Hal Lindsey Report, February 27, 2015
- Got through my procedure okay
- Chihuahua post from below
- My account
- Pay Period
- Leonard Nimoy has died
- got the boot by TT-Imedx
- spaces after a period and pay
- Not a fun subject but I have toenail fungus
- Patient First
- 32,000 IRS emails uncovered
- Walkers war on 100,000 public union terrorists