? about working for a private doctor's office - Cassie Posted: Apr 15th, 2012 - 12:32 pm
I saw an opening for a medical transcriptionist for a private doctor's office in my town. I wonder, if any of you work in a private office--won't all medical practices be going to some sort of EMR in the coming year? This ad didn't say anything at all about EMR, but I'm kind of assuming that they'll be switching to it if they haven't already.
I've only done MT in an acute-care hospital setting, so I also wonder if a lot of smaller doctor's offices seem to use difficult transcription programs. We always had good programs at the hospital, with abbrev. expanders, automatic population of the demographic screen, etc.; and I'm kind of wondering what questions I should ask about their program if I get contacted for an interview. I have a few friends who went from the hospital to a private office, and they complained pretty bitterly about the cumbersome programs they encountered. Are we hospital MTs a little too spoiled to be able to make an easy transition to what might not be the most up-to-date office programs when we move to a small office? :-D
If you've gone from hospital to smaller doctor's office (not a large clinic), I would love to hear how your experience was....and whatever questions you might suggest that would be helpful to know about. TIA!
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Seriously, what is going on around here
- Press on nails question
- NTS line count question.
- Knee test, sounds like "Simon's first test"
- More positions advertised?
- Is it me or do they want to put everyone on PM
- Question for
- NEW QC compensation plan
- reference problem
- MT Week--what do you think we will get this year?
- Recent grad, no job, changing my mind
- hey just for fun
- Already crying...
- Still waiting BIG EARNERS!
- Im done with this company,,question please
- s/l arhizo medication
- ok yall just for fun
- Full and Part-Time Contractors Needed
- RECORDSONE TRANSCRIPTION /formerly ORACLE TRANSCRIPTION, Inc. (OTI)
- Dump the ad hominem attacks or as far as I'm concerned
- Immediate Need for Part-time MTs
- Acute Care Independent Contractors
- Companies not using IM??
- Email about new Fiesa pilot program
- Scientology Cult Follower Greta Van Susteren Makes More False Claims
- Heard anything?
All Around MT Star - IC position - Many specialties
- Those typing with keyboard in lap -
- Email and Thunderbird
- Well, Walker, Texas Ranger thinks so
- MModal - Take This
- CCS CERTIFICATION EXAM
- Question going unanswered
- My hospital outsourced to M*Modal.
- So tired of it all
- Job Ads
- If you're gonna LECTURE US....
- Doctor spelling everything out
- The Huckster is in!
- I'm new to the employment process, being a new grad of Career Step. info.?
- SR good for a laugh
- RADIOLOGY MT'S NEEDED! SIGN ON BONUS INCLUDED!!
- Realitic thrombectomy"
- The "Jayvee team"(Obama quote) is claiming responsibility for Texas.