? about working for a private doctor's office - Cassie Posted: Apr 15th, 2012 - 12:32 pm
I saw an opening for a medical transcriptionist for a private doctor's office in my town. I wonder, if any of you work in a private office--won't all medical practices be going to some sort of EMR in the coming year? This ad didn't say anything at all about EMR, but I'm kind of assuming that they'll be switching to it if they haven't already.
I've only done MT in an acute-care hospital setting, so I also wonder if a lot of smaller doctor's offices seem to use difficult transcription programs. We always had good programs at the hospital, with abbrev. expanders, automatic population of the demographic screen, etc.; and I'm kind of wondering what questions I should ask about their program if I get contacted for an interview. I have a few friends who went from the hospital to a private office, and they complained pretty bitterly about the cumbersome programs they encountered. Are we hospital MTs a little too spoiled to be able to make an easy transition to what might not be the most up-to-date office programs when we move to a small office? :-D
If you've gone from hospital to smaller doctor's office (not a large clinic), I would love to hear how your experience was....and whatever questions you might suggest that would be helpful to know about. TIA!
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- I guess Keystrokes didn't waste enough people's time
- entitled an injection
- Odd question maybe, but does Synernet send you an Infinity 1 or 2 pedal? sm
- Inscribe Jobs
- Question re: DTS Oklahoma workload
- Pathology, Acute Care, and Rad Openings
- entry level jobs
- Anyone attempting to download new virus program for TT?
- This is a poll of sorts. No company names needed.
- Nuance in the News today
- During Obama’s Speech at Democratic Campaign Rally, Crowd Does Something ‘Weird&acir
- Orthopedic Transcriptionist needed!
- Fluency 7.5
- Precyse Solutions
- This takes the cake SM
- Obama administration quietly prepares surge of millions of new immigrant IDs
- Saince feedback please
- Is Anyone Happy At Nuance?
- New MT
- Does Nuance pay a portion of a weight loss program?
- Anybody here on Medicaid? Do you know if
- Remedy is not working, so cannot file a ticket.
- Acute Care Transcription
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s niece: 'Moral bankruptcy' ruling Washington, D
- A toxic president
- Asked to work extra so people in India who take our jobs
- is it stat or STAT ?
- On iPad making Facetime calls, other person can
- DON'T GIVE UP
- Critics: Ebola appointment latest in missteps by officials
- OBAMA GOLFS FOR 4 HOURS, 40 MINUTES ON SATURDAY, THEN HOLDS NIGHTTIME EBOLA MEETING--WHICH NEW EBOLA
- going from BeyondTXT to Emdat?
- TEddie Munster Cruz - Doctor of Green Eggs
- The left gets it....compromise to get rid of the
- Silly Sarah - fleecing her own---will they
- Sticking around until Dec 25.
- Of course
- Question about diabetes
- Nothing but mush-mouthed.....
- New specs posted on Fiesa with NO notification. Previous
- I just do not get it.
- Message to all posters
- Wendy Davis (mud spewer Dem from Tx) (sm)
- How do we request time off without pay?
- Dr. Manny: An open letter to the Ebola czar, Ron Klain
- A type of catheter