Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Code status.. (Views: 70)
Unfortunately, legal transcription is off-shored just like ours - sm Posted: Apr 14th, 2012 - 11:37 pm In Reply to: Paralegal work - JustMe
I have done legal transcription of various types for a few years, but have run into the same thing - quite a bit of it is off-shored now. And the pay for work done here is atrocious. One-half cent per word! No spaces! If you do depos, most services want you to be certified. Attorneys don't care what their letters and correspondence come back like - they just want it back right now. I loved the work, but you can't type enough to make a decent living. And the majority of legal typing is done in-house and those jobs rarely come open. Unless you have a solid "in" with an attorney, it's extremely difficult to get them to outsource to you. Trying to get your foot in the door to drop a brochure or resume is just as difficult if not more so than going to a medical office.
I definitely wouldn't take a course in this field either - I thought about it since I have experience, but like I said, if you don't know the HR person in the atty's office, it's next to impossible to get in.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Non-MT work - Anon (Views: 516, 2012-04-11, 10:14 am)
- Non-MT Work - sprinkle (Views: 312, 2012-04-11, 9:01 pm)
- School! SM - peakgirl (Views: 321, 2012-04-11, 11:03 pm)
- Paralegal work - JustMe (Views: 245, 2012-04-12, 9:26 pm)
- Unfortunately, legal transcription is off-shored just like ours - sm
- Code status
- I am totally done with medical transcription!!!!!!
- please help with this word
- Got fired today....
- Anyone have a child or know about attention deficit
- I know how you all feel now about having a silent HDSM.
- 112 columns
- eye drop medication--can't understand
- I guess Keystrokes didn't waste enough people's time
- entitled an injection
- Odd question maybe, but does Synernet send you an Infinity 1 or 2 pedal? sm
- Inscribe Jobs
- Question re: DTS Oklahoma workload
- Pathology, Acute Care, and Rad Openings
- entry level jobs
- Anyone attempting to download new virus program for TT?
- This is a poll of sorts. No company names needed.
- Nuance in the News today
- During Obama’s Speech at Democratic Campaign Rally, Crowd Does Something ‘Weird&acir
- Orthopedic Transcriptionist needed!
- Fluency 7.5
- Precyse Solutions
- This takes the cake SM
- Obama administration quietly prepares surge of millions of new immigrant IDs
- Saince feedback please
- Is Anyone Happy At Nuance?
- New MT
- Does Nuance pay a portion of a weight loss program?
- Anybody here on Medicaid? Do you know if
- Remedy is not working, so cannot file a ticket.
- Acute Care Transcription
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s niece: 'Moral bankruptcy' ruling Washington, D
- A toxic president
- Asked to work extra so people in India who take our jobs
- is it stat or STAT ?
- On iPad making Facetime calls, other person can
- DON'T GIVE UP
- Critics: Ebola appointment latest in missteps by officials
- OBAMA GOLFS FOR 4 HOURS, 40 MINUTES ON SATURDAY, THEN HOLDS NIGHTTIME EBOLA MEETING--WHICH NEW EBOLA
- going from BeyondTXT to Emdat?
- TEddie Munster Cruz - Doctor of Green Eggs
- The left gets it....compromise to get rid of the
- Silly Sarah - fleecing her own---will they
- Sticking around until Dec 25.
- Of course
- Question about diabetes
- Nothing but mush-mouthed.....