Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Although some MTs don't want to hear this ^.. (Views: 43)

Unfortunately, legal transcription is off-shored just like ours - sm

Posted: Apr 14th, 2012 - 11:37 pm In Reply to: Paralegal work - JustMe

I have done legal transcription of various types for a few years, but have run into the same thing - quite a bit of it is off-shored now. And the pay for work done here is atrocious. One-half cent per word! No spaces! If you do depos, most services want you to be certified. Attorneys don't care what their letters and correspondence come back like - they just want it back right now. I loved the work, but you can't type enough to make a decent living. And the majority of legal typing is done in-house and those jobs rarely come open. Unless you have a solid "in" with an attorney, it's extremely difficult to get them to outsource to you. Trying to get your foot in the door to drop a brochure or resume is just as difficult if not more so than going to a medical office.

I definitely wouldn't take a course in this field either - I thought about it since I have experience, but like I said, if you don't know the HR person in the atty's office, it's next to impossible to get in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)