BRCA 3297del6 - tmt Posted: Apr 14th, 2012 - 2:41 am In Reply to: BRCA code - stiminey
A novel complex mutation consisting of a small deletion/insertion (3958del5ins4) was found in the breast cancer-1 gene (BRCA-1) in three unrelated French breast and/or ovarian cancer families. These mutations occurred at the same nucleotide position of the 3' end of exon 11. The wild-type sequence, CTCAG, was deleted and replaced by AGGC in the three families. The consequence is the generation of a stop codon, TAG, resulting in a truncated protein. We propose two different mechanisms to explain the generation of this complex mutation: (i) the simultaneous occurrence of a deletion and an insertion in a stem-loop structure and (ii) the abortive integration of a human transposable element (Tigger 1) that deleted 5 nucleotides and inserted a 4-nucleotide "scar", corresponding to the 5' extremity of the transposon.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- BRCA code - stiminey (Views: 218, 2012-04-13, 7:55 pm)
- BRCA 3297del6 - tmt
- Playing MP3 files on Express Scribe
- Fried Brains!!! Help!
- Advice needed, please!!!
- Flunked an audit
- This has probably been asked before, but...
- combining drug dosages
- Questions about EMR & Cutting out the Middleman
- transcription positions in a doctor's office
- this board has gone nuts
- SoftScript- any opinions?
- Average pay per hour
abdominal tube for pancreatitis
- line rate
- 5 day 5 reports for 98% on QA?
- Question on MModal supplied computers
- conservative chief justice's opinion on 2nd amendment
- State Dept wonders if Taliban are the enemy. Ummm,
- Infinity Foot Pedal Issues
- EXPERIENCED CLINIC TRANSCRIPTIONISTS NEEDED
- Thought for the day: "“There’s class warfare, all right,” Mr. Buffe
- Can someone tell me what the testing process is
- EXPERIENCED ACUTE CARE TRANSCRIPTIONISTS NEEDED
- orchiectomy vs orchectomy and orchidectomy
- EXPERIENCED PEDIATRIC GENETIC TRANSCRIPTIONIST NEEDED
- Granular vs. granulation on FIESA alert?
- Have a chance at what I believe is a great job.
- Wonder if US is doing background checks on the Syrian
- Over 50 terrorist attacks thwarted since
- Productivivity not being met : (
- Medical Records info sold on the internet
- Gravida 4, Para 2, "zero two two" ?
- Oh the irony - or the hypocrisy?
- 0.04 or 0.014 inch guidewire?
- Shift Change-again
- New dermatology account
- Anyone heard of this stuff?
- Duly-noted Transcription
- I have a few questions for some info I really need. (sm)
- Anyone else not replying to nasty emails? Vent
- Why do doctors try to spell?
- Leave of Absence
- Can anyone recommend a good accounting software
- "Brought in IM" ??
- Uh, uh, uh, ah, ah
- This is what happens when you use our tax money