Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board Today's Top Viewed: Can anybody tell me the good, bad and ugly on TSI .. (Views: 43)

immunization abbreviations - hmmm

Posted: Apr 13th, 2012 - 4:06 pm In Reply to: abbreviations for immunizations-sm - OldMT

I always spell out medication names so there is no confusion and the patient does not get the wrong one (I worked as a pharmacy tech and take it very seriously). Having said that, you need to know what immunization is an abbreviation and what is spelled that way by the manufacturer.

An example might be MMR (measles, mumps, rubella. A doctor might say "the child is scheduled for his 6-month MMR immunization." Versus "the child received his 6-month M-M-R II injection today."

Another example is mumps vax. "The child presented for his mumps vax (which you would transcribe as vaccination depending on your account specs)" versus "we gave the child a MUMPSVAX injection today."

Pediatrics can be especially challenging for an MT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)