Union for Medical Transcriptionists - NE-MT Posted: Jul 11th, 2011 - 10:42 pm
I know this idea has been tossed around a lot but yet nothing has been done about it (to my knowledge - if someone knows different, please correct me). I am in agreement that we as transcriptionists need to band together so that we don't get treated unfairly and not paid what we are actually worth.
I know there are many of us that have chosen medical transcription as our career and are still holding on and sticking through the changes.
How do you go about creating a union for transcriptionists? If one was actually created, how would that affect us? Would the MTSOs stop hiring transcriptionists that were a part of a union?
Just looking for thoughts from everyone.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Diflucan one
- Enrich - does anyone actually ever
- Excellent article about the deterioration of notes for patient care
- Do you think MM could work their coders like they
- There is a company that cares out there
- According to NBC, investigators found…
- Dear Doctors
- Medication for C difficile called Deficit?? Dificit??
- Did anyone else just agree to a nightshift job for a large hospital
- President signs order to fight superbugs
- Suing the seelers may be an effective
- A new take on "getting under your skin"
- Can anybody tell me the good, bad, ugly on Accuscribes Transcription Service out of Maryland?
- Thank you, doctor. It's about time you told
- Immediate Opening with Nuance!! SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!!!
- Are there any companies that do not test?
- Rand Paul: 'We Need to Stay the Heck Out of Their Civil War'
- Amphion ?
- Has Anyone Applied with QED Transcription?
- Enough is enough
- TTS - Acute 2nd Shift MTs needed
- Kansas may go green--I'll take green over
- Imagine all the outrage--Islamophobia
- Former or current Nuance employees, please go to post on that board asking
- Officer Wilson testifies in front of Grand Jury
- Dear VR:
- affected vs effected
- He can't even put on a good war.
- Tech help - making a comma with the left hand
- AP Interview: Iraq Premier Nixes US Ground Troops
- Employee versus IC
- PT or FT clinic/hospital transcriptionists wanted
- compensation question-- SS
- Republican sequestration cut CDC funding
- Despite the attempt at Republican voter suppression
- Healthcare Documentation Specialist Pay
- How about a show of "likes," here. How many of you would participate in legal action for
- I know some posts would be repetitive to board regulars, but
- Termination, i.e. quitting.
- Darn, I didnt get on either list
- Recommend a Good Company
- Need help understanding a Fiesa grading, if possible
- Promised work, but didn't deliver
- Has anyone heard of/worked for Midwest Transcription Service? sm
- Anybody else
- "IN-HOUSE" Per Diem RadiologyTranscriptionist Needed
- CBS Transcription pay for Radiology
- 'Dereliction of duty': Obama's worst scandal