Nuance Nonsense - TM Posted: Jun 20th, 2011 - 11:00 pm
I have followed MTstars for years, so I know that the majority of the negative company posts are chalked up to lazy/arrogant MTs who won't take anything not on a silver platter. This stuff is called WORK, people. Anyway, I just want to say I'm not one of those. I have worked hard and diligently in this profession for years, but I want to save some people the anguish and chest pain that Nuance has given me, so I'll share my story while keeping everyone involved protected.
I worked for Focus for 2 years when they were bought out by Nuance. Not only did Nuance raise the insurance premiums ($768 for spouse plus 1!?!?), instilled a bogus and unreachable incentive plan and fired constant QA and production bull crap into our colons, they up and fired my TL from Focus, saying she wasn’t doing her job, when we were the HIGHEST QUALITY team they had. TL got replaced with the operations manager (never worked production in her life, came from Medquist). She didn’t want to have to "take care" of the accounts, so she hired a slew of newbie MTs at all shifts at the new bs Nuance pay (remember all the Nuance ads a month or so ago?). Not only have the new MTs chewed up all the work, every report has to be done twice- once by MT, once by QA. Quality and TAT has plummeted.
Also, we don't have teams anymore. Instead of one group of girls taking care of their own accounts, we've been cross trained on 6 diff accounts. Have you ever tried to keep up with 6 account specs WHILE being on the clock WHILE having to make an hourly production WHILE being driven like cattle to whatever account has work at that moment? It's absolute madness. These guys don't even have basic management skills. I put in my 2 weeks and of course, got a call begging for me to stay. They offered me a shift that I would be "guaranteed" to have work and basically said they'd leave me alone. I withdrew my resignation 3 weeks ago. I regret it because it's back to the same ole cracking of the whip.
This is how Nuance is running their company now. If anyone is tempted to go with them, PLEASE heed my word and look elsewhere. They will offer you the WORLD but trust me, I know of at least 30 girls that have left Nuance and gone on to greener pastures. Upper management is crap. They're on salary and don't care if you can make a living or not. I've got set up with a new company and am quitting Nuance the second I get settled. Nuance is going to run itself into the ground if they keep on losing their well-established accounts and mistreating their MTs. I just hope that everyone can get out before they go under.
As for any MTs or QAs from Nuance wanting to tell me I'm full of crap and that their departments aren't like this at all, it's only time that this trickles to every crack of the company workforce.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Nuance Nonsense - TM (Views: 11800, 2011-06-20, 11:00 pm)
- WOW - sm (Views: 2501, 2011-06-21, 12:09 am)
- RE - TM (Views: 1844, 2011-06-21, 6:49 am)
- Nuance - tahwyas (Views: 2162, 2011-06-21, 1:38 am)
- RE - TM (Views: 1726, 2011-06-21, 6:51 am)
- nuance - Carriejean (Views: 1844, 2011-06-21, 10:41 am)
- nuance - oregon MT (Views: 1414, 2011-07-15, 1:54 pm)
- Question . . . - Beethoven (Views: 1474, 2011-06-21, 3:13 pm)
- RE - TM (Views: 1060, 2011-06-21, 9:49 pm)
- To TM - I believe you. (Views: 1111, 2011-06-21, 6:39 pm)
- RE - TM (Views: 859, 2011-06-21, 9:44 pm)
- Retinal Transcriptionists ONLY
- I am proud of the All American blowback
- charging per audio hour
- CP hoop jumping - I should have been a circus performer...nm
- RHDS exam
- Sound quality deteriorating
- pay calculation? something wrong?
- Acute Care MTs Needed!
- Mike Pence's own words from 2000 website. Ryan White funding only towards those "s
- It would be interesting to type exactly verbatim
- Furious. Why tattle to your superior that an MT is a no show - Clueless IMedX leads
- QA guidelines
- Mosab Hassan Yousef, "Son of Hamas" founder
- Damage control?
- ACL repair
- Confrontational grown kid, so tired
- Looking for Positive Feedback About Nuance
- Having a hard time . . .
- mmodal perks
- OOW procedure?
- The future of coding?
- Hmmm, Gov Pence
- How often do you get 99-100% for the week
- Two days, 85 rooms, $242K for MO's
- It's all been said before...
- Talking Type
- 28 + Year MLS Leaving MT
- Madonna on TV
- 15-year-old boy with aneurysm
- Is Medscribe in Indiana still around? - NM
- Governor Mike Pence is either very dumb
- Dear God. Kerry says a deal possible if
- Does RW ever answer e-mails/phone
- Okay, this illustrates why I think goof is too good for him.
- Wow! Accounts have little work and did not meet minimum
- Hiring FT, PT, and Weekend MTs!
- When it comes to keyboards, am I the
- Is anyone happy at Softscript?
- POTUS is speaking at Kennedy Center-CNN
- ONE EMAIL FROM OBLIVION: HILLARY’S BIG BET ON SECRET SERVER
- Oncology and Acute Care Positions!
- The dictators who speak the lowest
- Based on the error email I got. I'm saying
- Why is IMEDX not just laying off all of us?
- RETURNING JOBS
- Walking Dead. Not commenting on the show as (sm)
- C-Phone CA-128
- Teaching immigrants to unionize
- Ugh, I wonder why we have been on 'radio silence' for DAYS now.