Nuance Nonsense - TM Posted: Jun 20th, 2011 - 11:00 pm
I have followed MTstars for years, so I know that the majority of the negative company posts are chalked up to lazy/arrogant MTs who won't take anything not on a silver platter. This stuff is called WORK, people. Anyway, I just want to say I'm not one of those. I have worked hard and diligently in this profession for years, but I want to save some people the anguish and chest pain that Nuance has given me, so I'll share my story while keeping everyone involved protected.
I worked for Focus for 2 years when they were bought out by Nuance. Not only did Nuance raise the insurance premiums ($768 for spouse plus 1!?!?), instilled a bogus and unreachable incentive plan and fired constant QA and production bull crap into our colons, they up and fired my TL from Focus, saying she wasn’t doing her job, when we were the HIGHEST QUALITY team they had. TL got replaced with the operations manager (never worked production in her life, came from Medquist). She didn’t want to have to "take care" of the accounts, so she hired a slew of newbie MTs at all shifts at the new bs Nuance pay (remember all the Nuance ads a month or so ago?). Not only have the new MTs chewed up all the work, every report has to be done twice- once by MT, once by QA. Quality and TAT has plummeted.
Also, we don't have teams anymore. Instead of one group of girls taking care of their own accounts, we've been cross trained on 6 diff accounts. Have you ever tried to keep up with 6 account specs WHILE being on the clock WHILE having to make an hourly production WHILE being driven like cattle to whatever account has work at that moment? It's absolute madness. These guys don't even have basic management skills. I put in my 2 weeks and of course, got a call begging for me to stay. They offered me a shift that I would be "guaranteed" to have work and basically said they'd leave me alone. I withdrew my resignation 3 weeks ago. I regret it because it's back to the same ole cracking of the whip.
This is how Nuance is running their company now. If anyone is tempted to go with them, PLEASE heed my word and look elsewhere. They will offer you the WORLD but trust me, I know of at least 30 girls that have left Nuance and gone on to greener pastures. Upper management is crap. They're on salary and don't care if you can make a living or not. I've got set up with a new company and am quitting Nuance the second I get settled. Nuance is going to run itself into the ground if they keep on losing their well-established accounts and mistreating their MTs. I just hope that everyone can get out before they go under.
As for any MTs or QAs from Nuance wanting to tell me I'm full of crap and that their departments aren't like this at all, it's only time that this trickles to every crack of the company workforce.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Nuance Nonsense - TM (Views: 9639, 2011-06-20, 11:00 pm)
- WOW - sm (Views: 2300, 2011-06-21, 12:09 am)
- RE - TM (Views: 1716, 2011-06-21, 6:49 am)
- Nuance - tahwyas (Views: 2011, 2011-06-21, 1:38 am)
- RE - TM (Views: 1610, 2011-06-21, 6:51 am)
- nuance - Carriejean (Views: 1716, 2011-06-21, 10:41 am)
- nuance - oregon MT (Views: 1295, 2011-07-15, 1:54 pm)
- Question . . . - Beethoven (Views: 1365, 2011-06-21, 3:13 pm)
- RE - TM (Views: 971, 2011-06-21, 9:49 pm)
- To TM - I believe you. (Views: 1007, 2011-06-21, 6:39 pm)
- RE - TM (Views: 788, 2011-06-21, 9:44 pm)
- Billing -- a softer, gentler approach ... sm
- ventral hernia repair with mesh
- Voter Fraud?
- I used to care
- Doctor in NY tests positive for Ebola
- Need to start a union
- I don't remember how to log into enrich
- Cat coming to my house, kind of skittish but
- Mandatory Schedule Changes?
- Note to moderator
- How popular do you think Pay Pal is?
- retraining programs to those of us displaced by work going off shore
- Do you ever have to work while a repair person....
- Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors needed!
- Psych Medical Transcriptionists (ICs Only)
- Obama Asserts Fast and Furious Executive Privilege Claim for Holder’s Wife
- Are there still any companies that do VA transcriptions?
- Ever hear of VMTS in Springfield, Missouri?
- Anyone here at Nuance use a laptop for work?
- Honey Boo-Boo
- Marriage opinions please
- So the TSMs fired/let go
- Any EditScript 10 Users
- ISO MT experienced in nephrology
- BISS or RISS
- Finally hit send!
- SAN DIEGO AREA, PART-TIME, IN-HOUSE TRANSCRIPTIONIST
- Canadian Parliment
- Top meteorologist now admits: "Climate Change" is bogus.
- new CEO
- Unable to Reach Server
- StenTel needs MTs!
- MModal Perks program. I just bought a
- Doby's (?) solution in ophthalmic surgery
- Quarterly Bonus
- Anyone can help with information about a keyboard. I am looking
- Minimum wage
- TSM blood bath...wish they would have fired me
- Doc spelling patient's name, says S as in Satan, then laughs...
- Loud Cars/Inconsiderate Neighbor
- writing out numbers
- Desperate Dems use lynching imagery to bring out black vote
- What is purpose of putting in a password for new posts
- Anybody with Fluency audio fail?
- He's like poison. No, no, don't help me, Barry. (sm)
- Evidence supports officer's account of shooting in Ferguson.
- And it has begun
- Stedmans Medical Terminology Flash Cards
- Help Please!
- POLL: Dem advantage with women collapses