Lexiscan Myoview -- see message - Jane Posted: Dec 28th, 2009 - 1:22 am In Reply to: s/l Lexi Myoview stress test?? - Shella
If you are having a 2 day Lexiscan Myoview, the rest portion will be on the first day and the Lexiscan stress portion will be on the second day.
How is the Test Performed?
The test consists of 2 parts, under resting conditions and after Lexiscan induced stress.
The resting portion is generally done first. An I.V. line will be started to allow ease of the injection. The I.V. will be removed after the Lexiscan portion is completed.
Approximately 20-30 minutes after the first injection the resting images will be taken. You will lie on a special table and the camera will rotate above and around your chest while the pictures are being taken. This will take about 15 minutes to complete.
The Lexiscan part of the test is done next. While you are sitting up you will be given an infusion lasting 10 seconds of Lexiscan. The Dr. and/or Nurse Practitioner will be watching your EKG and monitoring your blood pressure the entire time. You may have some, all, or no side effects to the Lexiscan. Side effects may include headache, warm sensation in the body, tightness in the throat, shortness of breath, chest discomfort, or nausea.
Immediately after the Lexiscan is injected, the Myoview tracer is injected.
EKG and blood pressure will continue to be monitored until it is back to normal. Approximately 30 minutes after the Lexiscan, the 2nd set of pictures will be taken. It is very important you lie very still while the camera takes the pictures. You may breathe normally during all the pictures.
Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Obummer defends ISIS policy
- Free College Tuition-- Bernie Sanders
- Millions of dollars previously undisclosed
- Is there anywy to search the repository
- National MT Call-In-Sick Day 08/01/2015
- If Ms. is incorrect why does ASR print it?
- Wow hoo ASR can transcribe baseball games
- MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST : Work From home
- Jewelry store sign prompts same-sex couple
- How does QC improve line counts when there is never any work?
- Need some help, please
- What ever happened to Cymed?
- I hate the new Inscribe
- Ferguson protesters demand paychecks for gig they were hired to perform.
- searching for school
- Just a message from a physician
- We're in the driver's seat, so why aren't we driving?
- MT week survey.
- Op report: 5 mL "trocupper"?
- Good companies and bad ones..
- Multiple Openings - All Shifts - Basic 4, Rad, Path, Clinic, Ortho
- Down further on the board, there is a topic about pay
- CPhone 0421
- There is a message on the main board here sm
- I cautery or eye cautery
- Anyone else have Fluency downtime converted to production?
- s/l sponge tick
- We CAN make a difference
- HOLY COW!!!
- MT Contest for Thursday
- Reporting Companies to Labor Board?
- Watch out QA, you will probably be next
- Some stats to put the cost of food stamps into perspective. sm
- It's very fashionable now to dislike or even hate America in this
- Per diem or prn work?
- Medical Transcriptionist Unite for a Pay Raise
- Escription Employee Status
- To pee or not to pee
- Hey, you want gloom and doom, I'll give you
- Good night, David Letterman
- Mitt says he's not running
- I found out what hospitals are actually paying Nuance per line
- System burping
- I guess Elizabeth and Bernie know what
- Anyboby ever take AHIMA's A&P class?
- Imedx pay cut?